Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WV: Happy Birthday America

Friday, July 4, 2008


Today we sang Happy Birthday to the United States. I'm not really sure what all of that means but I did get to eat watermelon!


This morning we took it pretty easy. We did a little shopping in the area, though not as much as my Daddy had first planned to. I played with my toys with GrandMom and Pops. I woke up a little early from my nap so I went on a walk with Mommy, Daddy, and GrandMom. We then had a nice dinner. I had spaghetti while everyone else had steak. I then took another walk with Mommy and GrandMom and my stroller. Some of the time I rode in my stroller, other times I pushed the stroller.


For dessert Pops made a small fire in the grill and I got to roast a marshmallow. I didn't really like the marshmallow but I liked the graham cracker a lot. I also liked the watermelon that we ate.


All day the weather had been kind of yucky and I had been a little cranky due to my sleep schedule the day before so Mommy and Daddy decided that we would not go to the fireworks in Charleston. (Besides we were leaving early the next morning.) However, that night as we went back to the hotel we did some local fireworks in Cross Lanes. I liked them a lot. I kept wanting to see them so I said "again, again". I don't understand why Mommy and Daddy didn't make it happen immediately when I asked.


Tomorrow we are going to leave. I'll miss West Virginia.

No comments: